I've been holding this for awhile. Five things I might expect to see:
- Installation of a Shiite-dominated government that develops a constitutional model of political pluralism for Iraq.
- Political (read: legislative) assertiveness by orthodox Christians and Jews re the five non-negotiables (abortion, euthanasia, embryonic stem cell research, human cloning, homosexual "marriage") in alliance with religious conservatives. (Note that "orthodox" and "conservative" are not necessarily synonymous.)
- A "progressive" Democrat agenda framed in moral terms.
- Capitol Hill action on the faith-based initiative, including an alternate Democrat model as they work their rehabilitation.
- A failed (first?) attempt by several mainline Protestant denominations to divest from the Israeli-occupied Palestinian territory.