The Rick Santorum Edition
Hosted by Acts of the Apostasy.
-1-This wasn't the high point of his campaign, but it may have been him at his best.
Yes, irreverent, juvenile, crude, and even predictable to a certain extent, but one thing I will miss is a summer's worth of L. Brent Santorum.
I have major reservations when the case for a candidate is predicated greatly on biography, which is partly why I didn't buy the electability argument to be necessarily in Romney's favor. If you were to ask Republicans for a list of desirable biographical traits for president, this would likely be a compelling list:
- Rags to riches story (the bootstrap thing)
- Devoutly religious, preferably Christian
- College degree, preferably from a prestigious institution
- Military experience, preferably active duty, preferably an officer
- Private sector experience, preferably a business owner
- Political experience (enough to not be a n00b)
- Executive experience, preferably as a governor, but military, or business OK
A pretty good list for Republicans I should think. So what's the rub? We've had a president who met all 7 criteria. Who? Jimmy Carter. In the end, it's really about the man...
-3 ½-With this being, as Rick Santorum said, one of the most important elections of our lifetimes and a fight for the future of America, wouldn't it be nice to be able to call on some saints who could really bring it? Oh, wait... we can do that.